World of Warriors: A New Hero
Written by Curtis Jobling
Part of the World of Warriors Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2015 Book of the Month Trick is an ordinary kid, who lives with his dad and likes comics and Parkour (free-running) a lot, school less so. Dodging bullies he takes refuge in the British Museum among the exhibits for a new Warriors of the World display and that’s when things go very strange. The pendant left to him by his mother, who was a soldier, seems to react with one of the exhibits and, knocked unconscious by the bully, Trick wakes up in a different, and dangerous world. There he joins a band of warrior heroes to fight the terrifying Skull Army. Based on the hugely popular World of Warriors strategy game this offers non-stop action and adventure and the legions of World of Warriors fans will enjoy every battle.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Join Richard ‘Trick’ Hope on his exciting, action-packed, fast-paced adventure through the fantasy world of the Wildlands. You won’t be disappointed.'
- Isaac Phelan, age 11 - 'Trick Hope is no normal boy. Once a child like any other, next a legendary warrior. All Trick wants to do is go home, but Boneshaker stands in his way. A ruthless villain. Can Trick defeat him..?'
- Alex Hall, age 9 - 'I like ninjas, samurai and adventure and this book is about them. I liked all the characters names e.g. Toki, Mumgo and Trick. I also found out a samurai defence weapon is called a Naginata. Awesome!'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 10 - 'A fantastic adventure story based on the world wide phenomenon of the game. Emerge yourself into the game with "Trick" once he is trapped in the mystical world. This book was awesome.'
- Charlotte Cassidy, age 10 - 'A brilliant page-turner of a book based on the adventure game World of Warriors. I loved every second of it and am looking forward to the next books in the series.'
- Louie Mee, age 9 - 'The plot of this story was very good, however it seemed long winded in getting to the point.'
- Sue Wilsher - 'Alongside the action, there are many humorous moments which lighten the overall tone of the story. This is a very enjoyable book.'
- Alexander Bisland, age nearly 10! - 'This book is about a boy who goes on an adventure to a different land and this is how his adventure begins!'
- Henry Smith - 'Apologies, I did not finish this book as I really did not enjoy it.'
- Helen Cassidy -'A brilliant page-turner of a book based on the adventure game World of Warriors. I loved every second of it and am looking forward to the next books in the series.'
World of Warriors: A New Hero by Curtis Jobling
Richard 'Trick' Hope is used to getting into trouble, but not like this...On the run from bullies, Trick finds himself transported to the mystical Wild lands, a place where the greatest warriors throughout history have been summoned to fight in a battle for survival - from Romans and Vikings to Knights and Samurai! A cryptic old man tells Trick that he's there for a reason - to deliver the Wild lands from the evil Boneshaker, who rules with an army of terrifying minions. Trick has been chosen to form a band of the seven greatest warriors to defeat this terrible enemy. As Trick begins his epic quest the stakes couldn't be higher: defeat Boneshaker or never see home again.~ Andrea Reece
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Curtis Jobling
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
6th August 2015
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham