The Lone City 2: The White Rose
Written by Amy Ewing
Part of the The Lone City Trilogy Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The enticing second Lone City novel continues to reveal more about the fascinating and thrilling dystopian world previously unveiled in The Jewel. The White Rose plunges straight into the middle of tense and dramatic action, immediately capturing your attention (and don't expect it to be released until the very last page). Courageous Violet has some difficult decisions ahead of her as she attempts to escape The Jewel, who can she trust? Raven is weak and in mortal danger, Ash is desperately concerned for his sister, while Garnet needs to believe in a cause. Amy Ewing cleverly reveals tantalising information about the history of The Lone City and the surrogates augury powers, leaving you wanting to know even more. The White Rose is a creative and stimulating read for young adults, it also very much feels as though it is leading the way for a hugely climatic and explosive conclusion in the third novel, personally, I can’t wait! ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Natalie - 'A dystopian fantasy book that it is so captivating that it is difficult to put down.'
- Izzy Read - 'Wow. Wow. Wow. It’s not every day when a sequel is as good, if not better than its counterpart! Original and unpredictable; It gave me all the more reason to adore the world of The Lone city that Amy Ewing has created!'
- Inés Davies - 'When I finished the first book, The Jewel, I couldn’t wait for this one, and now this one has come out, I can’t wait for the next one!'
- Amy Laws - 'I loved The White Rose from start to finish and, as a result, I struggled to put it down. I am a massive fan of The Lone City series and The White Rose was certainly no exception.'
- Catherine Bryce - 'Great thriller that keeps you captivated from the beginning of the book. Total excitement wrapped up in a book!'
- Katherine Sheldon - 'The White Rose is a thrilling sequel to The Jewel that keeps you captured even after the last page is turned...even more captivating than the last, I look forward to reading the final book in the trilogy.'
- Delilah Acworth - 'The White Rose was a tumultuous tale, encompassing love and passion with the pain that a dystopia society would cause to its citizens.'
- Rose Heathcote - 'I couldn't put this book down! The narrative was so quick paced and compelling that I got to the end of the book without really noticing.'
The Lone City 2: The White Rose by Amy Ewing
Perfect for fans of The Hunger Games and Matched, this is the second book in the Lone City trilogy, following on from Amy Ewing's shocking and compelling debut novel, The Jewel.
Violet, Ash and Raven have escaped the palace of the Duchess of the Lake, but Regimentals are hunting for them across the city. Nowhere is safe, and they are dependent on Lucien and his secret society for survival. If they can reach the safety of the White Rose then Violet may be able to help Lucien in his plan to rescue more surrogates. For one surrogate, however, it is already too late. Violet's best friend, Raven, is pregnant. And in the Jewel, surrogates cannot survive giving birth.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 14
More books by Amy Ewing
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
1st October 2015
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family