Point Blanc Graphic Novel
Written by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Part of the Alex Rider Series
Lovereading4kids Price £9.59
£11.99 saving £2.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Brilliantly visualised, these graphic novel versions of the best-selling stories of boy spy Alex Rider add a fantastic new dimension to the original and terrific for getting even the most reluctant of readers to enjoy the experience of reading. Following the death of his guardian, Alex is forcibly recruited into MI6 and so finds himself off on some seriously hair raising missions in which he faces terrible danger and the real risk of death. In the second in the series, PointBlanc he is taken from his own school and sent to infiltrate the mysterious Point Blanc Academy. Can he uncover the horrible secret behind what is going on? Alex Rider is a perfect hero. ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the original full print edition of Point Blanc. You can read their full reviews here.
- Alice East, age 10 - 'This is another brilliant book from Anthony Horowitz about Alex Rider and his second mission point blank. Will Alex succeed in his latest mission or fail?'
- Rachel Galbraith, age 10 - 'Point Blanc was better than I had imagined it to be. It kept me as gripped as Stormbreaker.'
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'An elite finishing school in the Alps, suspicious deaths, action, excitement and really cool gadgets. Brilliant! gripped me from the first page and I romped through it in two days. A fantastic story.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'A really good book with excitement on every page.'
- Luke Bauer, age 12 - 'He's done it once, but will he do it again? Alex is on another adventurous mission this time high up in the Alps under a false name at Point Blanc Academy. Can he survive though?'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'it's just as good as the first one...was really hard to put down as every time I got to the end of a chapter it ends with something exciting so I had to start the next one.'
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 13 - 'Science and sinister plot go hand-in-hand to make this a great read!'
- William Longlands, age 11 - '10/10 Just as good as the first one.'
- Chloe, age 10 - 'Once you have started this exciting adventure book you will not be able to put it down. I would recommend it to anyone who likes mysteries or adventures.'
- Chloe Mcilroy, age 14 - 'A fabulous sequel, it’s full of twists and brings back some of the best characters of Stormbreaker. If you love adventures then this book is for you.'
- Chloe Shortall, age 18 - 'an exciting follow up to Stormbreaker. Lovers of spy novels will enjoy this exhilarating and witty novel.'
- Joseph Kinder, age 11 - 'This is a tense book, with a plot that twists and turns and falls into place right at the end. It is not a book for the faint-hearted, with scenes of violence and tension - but it is brilliant!'
- Jake Fletcher, age 14 - 'At Point Blank range, Alex Rider is fighting an enemy from the inside – in the middle of the French Alps...Some sequels for fantastic books can be disappointing. This certainly isn’t the case for Point Blanc.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'This is a fantastic novel and an even better series.'
- Imogen Fisher, age 14 - 'The plot quickly unfolds, and soon becomes action-packed, as Alex attempts to complete another seemingly impossible mission.'
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Point Blanc Graphic Novel by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
A stylish new edition of the acclaimed graphic novel adaptation of Alex Rider's second thrilling mission.
Investigations into the accidental deaths of two of the world's most powerful men have revealed just one link: both had a son attending Point Blanc Academy, a school for rebellious rich kids run by the sinister Dr Grief and set high in the French Alps. Armed with a new collection of gadgets, Alex must infiltrate the academy as a pupil and establish the truth about what is really happening there.
There are Graphic Novels for these Alex Rider adventures -
Praise for the Alex Rider Graphic Novel series:
“A wholly successful adaptation” - The School Librarian
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
More books by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
7th January 2016
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale