Eagle Strike Graphic Novel
Written by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Part of the Alex Rider Series
Lovereading4kids Price £9.59
£11.99 saving £2.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In this stylish re-issue, Horowitz's world-renowned teen super-spy Alex Rider's fourth mission is turned into a slick, thrilling, fast-paced and stylish graphic adaptation. It brings to life all the adventure, thrills and spills of this bestselling story. Following the triumphant, international publication of Stormbreaker: The Graphic Novel, the whole graphic novel series has gained wide recognition among reviewers, fans and literacy experts. Recent government initiatives encourage us to examine the reading habits of boys - with literacy levels among children in the UK lower than ever. This is a series of books that may offer an accessible and compelling alternative for otherwise reluctant readers.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the original full print edition of Eagle Strike. You can read their full reviews here.
- Rachel Galbraith, age 10 - 'Action-packed adventure leading up to the big question.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A relaxing holiday? No. Heat seeking missiles, bike chases and nuclear weapons? Yes!A brilliant, fast-paced adventure which had me on the edge of my seat.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'I enjoyed this book so much I could not stop reading it...The book had tension spreading across every page. I felt like I was there, watching the action happen.'
- William Longlands, age 11 - '5/5 - continues the winning formula of previous books. One of the baddies from book one returns.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'The pace of the story is very fast and it is a real page turner.'
- Imogen Fisher, age 14 - 'this time Alex is alone, with no help from the government, and he also has a limited amount of time, so save millions of people.'
- Chloe Shortall, age 18 - 'As with all previous Alex Rider novels, Eagle Strike is full of action and excitement. The storyline is brilliantly done and each chapter leaves you wanting more. It was very hard to put this novel down.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'Alex is peacefully relaxing on holiday in France, until one of his friends is suddenly attacked. THIS is Alex Rider’s 4th and most deadly mission yet; will he succeed or will he fail?'
- Emily Kinder, age 14 - 'As usual Horowitz spins a spectacular tale of action and tension, throwing Alex into another, darker, mission that threatens all he knows.'
- Chloe McIlroy, age 14 - 'This book will have you on the edge of your seat! You will definitely want to read this thrilling adventure!'
- Luke Bauer, age 12 - 'After Alex's friend Sabina's holiday home blows up he has a mission on his hands without MI6 to help him. Can he stop a mad, power-hungry singer from taking over the world?'
- Jake Fletcher, age 14 - 'Alex flies like an Eagle in this next book, as he crosses the globe to stop a mass-murder. The timer’s on: 90 minutes to save the world. No Pressure.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'Another great Alex Rider story. This time with a lack of gadgets and a lack of MI6! Alex is on holiday just chilling with a friend when he spots an old enemy from a previous book in the series.'
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 13 - 'A clever plot, master story-telling and vivid locations make it a must-read for any teenager with a sweet tooth for mystery and spy stories.'
Win a copy of The Bolds!
We are giving away 5 copies of The Bolds, the first in Julian Clary's hilarious series about a family of hyenas living in disguise. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
Eagle Strike Graphic Novel by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Relaxing in the south of France, reluctant MI6 agent Alex Rider is finally able to feel like any ordinary fourteen-year-old - until a sudden, ruthless attack on his hosts plunges him back into a world of violence and mystery. And this time, MI6 don't want to know. Alex is determined to track down his friends' attackers, even if he must do it alone. But it's a path that leads to a long-buried secret - and a discovery more terrible than anything he could have imagined. Alex Rider has 90 minutes to save the world.
There are Graphic Novels for these Alex Rider adventures -
Praise for the Alex Rider Graphic Novel series:
“A wholly successful adaptation” - The School Librarian
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
More books by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
7th January 2016
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham