Written by Sophia Bennett
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
April 2016 Book of the Month Though she transports her readers into glamourous worlds Sophia Bennett fills her stories with warm, believable characters and always keeps the emphasis on the important things - family, friends, love. A chance event at a backstage meet and greet with a top boy band sees Nina whisked from Croydon to join their entourage as PA to the lead singer’s Hollywood girlfriend. The pop star lifestyle is scintillating reading but the band’s soap opera of breakdown, break up and heartache really holds our attention. When the setting moves from luxury hotels to a crumbling stately home in the middle of nowhere – the manager’s last desperate attempt to get the boys to write a new album – things get really romantic, because there it’s all about music – what it does to us, why it matters. Perfect wish-fulfilment writing, with real heart.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Francesca Anderson, age 14 - 'Love Song, is an emotional page turner and gripped me until the end...is a wonderful book that showed me that I should never give up on my dreams, no matter how ridiculous they may seem!'
- Jenny Duffy, age 23 - 'Fans of One Direction and 5SOS will enjoy this book, and I would definitely recommend this book and The Look to fans of Girl Online.'
- Maisie Caitlin Sadler, age 14 - 'Love Song is one of those books that you just cannot put down. A fun and fantastic story about Music, Love, Fame and Heartbreak.'
- Amy Laws, age 14 - 'Another great novel from Sophia Bennett that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.'
- Imogen Breaks, age 13 - 'Love Song is an addictive, engaging story about a girl and a band but it's a story like no other. Full of fame and heartbreak, who will take a step off the precipice to admit their feelings first?'
- Edel Waugh - 'This was a fun and sweet story.'
- Humaira Kauser, age 17 - 'I loved this book! and I love the way Sophia Bennett writes- she's a new favourite author of mine.'
- Amelie Chatham, age 13 - 'Love Song is an entrancing story that describes the pain of heartbreak and the joy when it’s fixed.'
- Rosie Thorogood, age 13 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it began with a very strong beginning and the heart break felt by the character within the first chapter really captured my attention. Overall I loved this book.'
- Lucie Harrison - 'I enjoyed reading Love Song because the characters were interesting and sometimes relatable. Furthermore, the plot line was very unpredictable so I really hope there is a sequel!'
- Phoebe Allan, age 16 - 'If you've ever grabbed your hair brush and lip synced to your favourite band, then Love Song is bound to be a hit with you!'
- Imogen Fisher, age 16 - 'I really enjoyed this book...it was written in a way that I found exciting and new to read.'
- Phoebe Doherty-Ozobiane, age 14 - 'Sophia takes us through a journey that will let you cry, laugh and gasp at the epic plot twists.'
- Kyra, age 17 - 'Laced with love, lyrics and lost ways, Love Song was everything I wanted it to be and more.'
- Rebekah Marsh, age 13 - 'Hands down, best book ever! Love Song is so unpredictable and purely amazing that I had difficulty putting it down all weekend!'
- Lauren Coffman, age 16 - 'it tackles real issues and interesting topics, and above all it is a very enjoyable and fun book that I loved and so would recommend.'
- Isabella Ettery, age 13 - 'overall had an interesting storyline and kept me hooked throughout.'
- Charnell Vevers - ‘Love Song is that perfect contemporary read...It is utterly adorable, but also a truly moving book and one I was unable to put down.'
Love Song by Sophia Bennett
Seventeen-year-old Nina doesn't get why everyone's obsessed with The Point - but when she averts a backstage disaster and is offered a job on tour, she can hardly turn it down. She quickly learns that being with the hottest band on the planet isn't as easy as it looks: behind the scenes, the boys are on the verge of splitting up. Tasked with keeping an eye on four gorgeous but spoiled rock stars, Nina's determined to stick it out - and not fall for any of them ...
Bennett’s seventh novel, in part inspired by the current fan-fiction craze of reimagining the lives of One Direction, simultaneously manages to highlight the ugly side of the fame-game, whilst celebrating music and the individuality of bright young people. Once again, Bennett expertly explores the themes of identity, creative inspiration, true love, and the falseness of fame.
'One of the funniest, most touching, romantic YA novels ever, smart and warm.’ – Amanda Craig, author and journalist
‘Bennett brilliantly turns the ultimate teen dream into a wholly believable and unputdownable contemporary romance.’ – Fiona Noble, The Bookseller
'Wonderful, compulsive read. I was caught in its spell.' – Eve Ainsworth, author
‘I’ve loved all of Sophia’s books – she writes teenage reality with such honesty and generosity and style – but this is my favourite.’ – Susie Day, author
Praise for Sophia’s previous novels:
'Well plotted and crisply and humorously written.' -- Martin Chilton, Telegraph
‘Great fun. It goes at a cracking pace and girls will love it.’ -- Jacqueline Wilson, author
Praise for The Look:
‘One word: BRILLIANT’ – Cathy Cassidy, author
About the Author
More books by Sophia Bennett
Author's Facebook Latest
Chicken House Ltd
7th April 2016
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15