The Book You're Not Supposed to Have
Written by Stephan Pastis
Part of the Timmy Failure Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: absurd comedy genius | Timmy Failure is the best worst detective in children’s fiction, and a wonderful comic creation. In this adventure he’s having to ply his trade very surreptitiously indeed – Mum has banned all detective work until the school holidays. To make things worse, forced to share his room with his cousins, he must set up his office in a garden shed at the local hardware superstore, a place referred to always as Home Despot. Additional trials in Timmy’s life include piano lessons, and trips to orthodontist Mr A Goni. The plot brings even the most surreal strands together and it’s very satisfying. Timmy narrates with the exasperated air of the misunderstood genius and his version of events is just one of the things that makes these books so enjoyable.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Alice East, age 11 - 'This book is 100% funny, makes you laugh out loud and I really hope that Stephen Pastis writes more books soon.'
- Isaac East, age 10 - 'I would recommend this book to Diary of a Wimpy Kid fans and children who like a laugh...the funniest Timmy Failure so far'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Forget the summer holidays, forget your birthday, and forget Christmas even, I can guarantee that this is what you’ve been waiting for. I’ve read it again and again and I just can’t stop laughing.'
- Alexander Bisland, age 11 - 'This fun filled comedy keeps you laughing until the end. I recommend that you read the other books in the series first so you understand what happens and you know the characters better.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 11 - 'If you like crazy stories that are hilarious, then this is THE book for you. The story and illustrations are so crazy and funny. Once you start reading, you just can't put it down.'
The Book You're Not Supposed to Have by Stephan Pastis
Fans of Wimpy Kid and Tom Gates will love the hilarious fifth instalment from Timmy Failure, aka the world's greatest detective.
The only thing you need to know about Timmy's latest memoir is that it was never meant for publication. Timmy's detective log was stolen, and if this book gets out, Timmy will be grounded for life. Or maybe even longer. Because while Timmy was meant to be focusing on schoolwork, he was continuing his detective work in a garden shed. You don't need the details. Just know this: there's a Merry, a Larry, a missing tooth and a disappearing friend. But don't tell Timmy's mother!
For lots of fun downloads, games & activities visit www.timmyfailure.com
And Timmy Failure is now on Poptropica© - a games website that is popular with children around the world!
There are five books in this series -
A brilliantly bad detective Guardian
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by Stephan Pastis
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
29th September 2016
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk