Love, Lies and Lemon Pies
Written by Katy Cannon
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Love and baking go hand-in-hand in this emotionally charged YA romance. Lottie only signs up for the Bake Club to keep the school counsellor off her back; school bad-boy Mac’s last chance to stay in school depends on him attending Bake Club. Both are hiding complex family secrets. But baking brings them together and links them, too, with the other members of the club who have problems of their own. A touching story about friendship, families, first-love – and lots of tips on good baking!
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Alice D'Angelo, age 15 - 'I adored reading Love, Lies and Lemon Pies; with its blend of warmth and secrets, Cannon has created a perfect feel good read that doesn’t always develop as you may predict.' Read full review >
- Aimee Sweet, age 13 - 'I really like this book, as it caught my eye from the very start. The recipes inside are great, and the romance between Mac and Lottie is both frustrating and lovely to read!' Read full review >
- Juliana Christianson, age 14 - 'A lovely teen novel that mixed some of my favourite things, romance, baking and Paris...It's the ultimate story of fierce competition and following your dreams.' Read full review >
- Jodi Coffman, age 12 - 'I really enjoyed this book and could not put it down. The recipes at the beginning of each chapter were a novel idea and the storyline was original. Highly recommended!' Read full review >
- Amrit Bunet, age 15 - 'A girly, touching and cute story of Lottie who falls in love with a boy she never dreamed of liking whilst baking delicious treats, from cheescakes to pecan loafs.' Read full review >
- Morgan Steigmann, age 14 - 'This stunning debut novel is a heart-warming read; one you’ll want to go back to it again and again...This book is sure to remain a firm favourite with every reader- boys and girls, young and old alike.' Read full review >
- Lucy, age 15 - 'A relaxing book to read.' Read full review >
- Sarah Murray, age 15 - 'I loved this book! This is a perfect light beach read. I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting a lighthearted read.' Read full review >
- Imogen Breaks, age 11 - 'Katy Cannon's first novel which is a recipe for romance. Love Lies & Lemon Pies will not disappoint, I'm on my third helping of it in 48 hrs!' Read full review >
- Maddy faulkner, age 12 - 'This book is heartfelt and interesting. The plot line is funny and the characters in the book are witty and lovable...an incredible story of friendship, tears, lies and cake!' Read full review >
Love, Lies and Lemon Pies by Katy Cannon
Sixteen-year-old Lottie is on a mission to protect her biggest secret, and it'll take every lie and every baking trick she can muster. Since her dad died, life hasn't been the same for Lottie. When the school suggests she joins Bake Club to get her back on track, Lottie reluctantly agrees. The alternative - the school paying her mum a home visit - is not an option. But Lottie's uncertainty about Bake Club melts away as she rekindles her love of baking and gets caught up with Mac, school rebel and another unwilling Bake Club member. As the end-of-year Bake Off approaches, the tension rises. Can Lottie keep up the facade of her perfect life? And can her bubbling romance with Mac survive the pressure?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Katy Cannon
Author's Facebook Latest
Stripes Publishing an imprint of Little Tiger Press Group
5th May 2014
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley