Written by Charlie Higson
Part of the The Enemy Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-selling Charlie Higson’s sixth title in the ‘The Enemy’ series is as thrilling and chilling as its predecessors. In a world in which everyone over fourteen is struck down by a hideous illness which ravages their bodies and turns them into frenzied, blood craving zombies, a group of children must do everything they can to survive. With the cities in ruins and full of hidden dangers, Ella believes what she is told – that the countryside is safer. But is it? Ed knows that Ella is in the greatest danger. She may not even be alive. Can he gather together a crew willing to set out on a mission to save her? And will they succeed?
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series, The Enemy. You can read their reviews below.
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'If you love lots of blood and gore then this book is for you. A fast action thriller which is both scary and emotional at the same time, you will be on the edge of your seat from the very beginning.' Read full review >
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'An exciting and heart pounding page turner! You won't be disappointed.' Read full review >
- Esmé, age 14 - 'This book is sufficiently gory to satisfy ANY teenagers (or grown-ups) appetite. AWESOME.' Read full review >
- Ronan McCarthy, age 13 - 'All in all a great book, I look forward to reading the sequels.' Read full review >
- Jacob Lawrence, age 11 - 'I loved this book and couldn’t put it down.' Read full review >
- Luke Bauer, age 11 - 'Too freaky for me - it gave me the freaky-deakies!' Read full review >
- Benjy Randall, age 10 - 'A very entertaining book for boys who like action and adventure.' Read full review >
The Hunted by Charlie Higson
The Hunted is Charlie Higson's sixth terrifying instalment in the thrilling The Enemy series. The sickness struck everyone over fourteen. First it twisted their minds. Next it ravaged their bodies. Now they roam the streets - Crazed and hungry The others had promised that the countryside would be safer than the city. They were wrong. Now Ella's all-alone except for her silent rescuer, Scarface - and she's not even sure if he's a kid or a grown-up. Back in London, Ed's determined to find her. But getting out of town's never been more dangerous- because coming in the other direction is every SICKO in the country. It's like they're being called towards the capital and nothing is going to stop them...
The Enemy series....
Visit www.the-enemy.co.uk for more information about the series, trailers and competitions. And visit the facebook page for The Enemy series to keep up with the news!
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Charlie Higson
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
4th September 2014
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11