Shouldn't You Be in School?
Written by Lemony Snicket
Part of the All the Wrong Questions Series
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Book of the Month Madcap fun and mystery in this somewhat eccentric yet addictive series from the huge bestselling author of A Series of Unfortunate Events. This is Book three in the critically acclaimed four-part mystery series.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the second title in the series, When Did You See Her Last? You can read their reviews below.
- Richie Upchurch, age 7 - 'This is a complicated mystery with lots of extra mysteries in it. It’s a really good book and I really want to read the next book to find out what happened to Ellington Feint’s missing father.' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 9 - 'I would like to read the rest of this series.' Read full review >
- Mia Thurston-Mathews, age 10 - 'It is about a young Lemony Snicket, an apprentice detective who likes his own ideas and doesn't take advice easily. It was a very humorous book and once I started I couldn't stop.' Read full review >
- Emily Golding, age 7 - 'FAB! Great story! I loved it. This book was a mystery that kept me guessing till the end.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A really wacky mystery novel which I would recommend to anyone over the age of nine, including adults (as I read it with my Mum). If you can imagine Dr Seuss books for older readers, this is it.' Read full review >
- Tom White, age 10 - 'When Did You See Her Last? is a good fun mystery book that has a few tricky words to read. Overall it is a great fun book.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'The characters were amazing; the personalities were great and they were all unique. The plot was brilliant and you couldn't guess the ending.' Read full review >
Shouldn't You Be in School? by Lemony Snicket
Do you smell smoke? Young apprentice Lemony Snicket is investigating a case of arson but soon finds himself enveloped in the ever-increasing mystery that haunts the town of Stain'd-by-the-Sea.
Who is setting the fires? What secrets are hidden in the Department of Education? Why are so many schoolchildren in danger? Is it all the work of the notorious villain Hangfire? How could you even ask that? What kind of education have you had?
Maybe you should be in school...
Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events has sold over 60 million copies worldwide and has been translated into 39 languages.
Praise for Who Could That Be at This Hour?:
Charming, clever and enormously enjoyable. (Guardian)
Wonderfully eccentric and addictive...Just beautiful writing. (Observer)
Better than ever. (Independent)
A dazzlingly clever, funny and literary concoction. (Irish Times)
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by Lemony Snicket
Author's Facebook Latest
Egmont Books Ltd an imprint of Egmont UK Ltd
30th September 2014
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk