Middle School: Ultimate Showdown (Middle School 5)
Written by James Patterson
Part of the Middle School Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Sibling stars of the Middle School series Rafe and Georgia Khatchadorian go head to head in this interactive book, each giving their very different advice on how to get the important aspects of school life right – from homework, bullies and the canteen’s food, to really key stuff like what to wear! It makes for fun and entertaining reading, and actually gives kids lots of useful advice and reassurance too. Readers are invited to record their own ideas on the different topics, to complete puzzles and add even to add their own illustrations. As ever, Patterson knows exactly what gets kids’ attention, and even reluctant readers will relish this. ~ Andrea Reece
The Middle School books are great for reluctant readers: teachers and parents will find this resource pack useful, with ideas for discussion points and activities related to the stories.
These are reviews of Middle School 7: Just My Rotten Luck.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 10 - 'One of the best books I have ever read. I love the Middle School series and I think this is the best one yet. If you like Wimpy Kid and Tom Gates then you will love this too.'
- Katelyn Keast, age 9 - 'I really like this book because it’s so funny and when I started reading I couldn’t stop. This book is so easy and fun to read I love it.'
- Bryher Humphryes - 'I really enjoyed Middle school: just my rotten luck because it's really funny and hilarious and the cartoon drawings are amazing.'
- Toby Jarvis, age 10 - 'This book is about a boy called Rafe who has an amazing passion for art he describes himself as a loser but throughout the year it gets better for him. I loved this book and now my brother is reading it and he loves it to.'
- Josh Curtis, age 13 - 'Overall I think this was a very good book and I wanted to carry on reading as it was very interesting and funny. I would suggest this for 10 years and over.'
- Sophia Curtis, age 9 - 'I really like this book and think that people 9+ boy or girl.'
- Baqir Saleem, age 10 - 'Join Rafe on his amazing journey through middle school and see how he encounters ups and downs through his school life and copes through getting bullied by the brutal Miller the Killer...'
Win a Middle School Goody Bag!
Middle School: The Worst Days of My Life has had the Hollywood treatment and is now available as a movie on Netflicks! To mark Rafe Khatchadorian's celebrity rise we are giving away THREE fantastic goody bags fillled with Middle School treats including a rucksack, pencil, notepad and ruler as well as a copy of The Worst Days of My Life paperback!
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 April 2017. The winners will be notified by 17 April 2017.
Middle School: Ultimate Showdown (Middle School 5) by James Patterson
The Khatchadorian kids are an opinionated duo, and as readers of the Middle School stories know, they don't exactly see eye to eye. But when wild-card Rafe and mostly-straight-laced Georgia go at it, the only thing more fun than their ranting is getting to join in! Their back-and-forth banter on a range of topics - from bullying to cafeteria food to school dress codes - introduces more than 40 writing and drawing prompts and other games, along with room for readers to share their own points of view.
Includes over 200 illustrations.
Browse inside this book
Praise for the Middle School series:
“An excellent read” The Guardian Children’s Website on Middle School: Lost in London
“A great pick for reluctant readers” Amazon.co.uk reviewer on Middle School: Ultimate Showdown
“Middle School is my favourite set of books” Amazon.co.uk reviewer on Middle School: How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli and Snake Hill
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by James Patterson
Author's Facebook Latest
Arrow (Young) an imprint of Cornerstone
4th June 2015
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham