The Hangman's Revolution
Written by Eoin Colfer
Part of the WARP Series
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-selling Eoin Colfer gives readers a thrilling and action-packed new episode in his series of titles about Chevie Savano, a time travelling FBI agent. Chevie can use her time travel to save the past and change the future. Chevie has been back into the past before. This time she is trying to save the past from an attack with weapons using lethal technology from the future. Can Chevie save the day?
In addition to our own expert comments on the WARP series we also have some great reviews from our reader review panel members for the first title in the series, THE RELUCTANT ASSASSIN.You can read their comments below or click here for the full review.
- Pearse Kelly age 12 - 'I love Eoin Colfer’s books and this is another great story, it is fast moving and exciting and I would recommend it to both boys and girls.'
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'Their adventure is fast paced, action packed and unpredictable. It's an explosive journey through time which you'll love!
- Jamie, age 12 - 'A great novel filled to the brim with twists and turn which keep the storyline exciting to the very last page.'
- Emily age 12 - 'This is an amazing book. I loved it because the author Eoin Colfer incorporates different genres within one storyline.'
- Sean Prior age 12 - 'The idea of this Victorian boy travelling though time is mind blowing when I heard about this book I didn’t know what to expect but this book is a must read go and buy it NOW…'
- Lucy Minton, age 9 - 'It is a brilliant book and if you like Artemis Fowl you’ll love this book.'
- Alex Greatorex age 12 - 'W.A.R.P is the best book I have ever read it is full of adventure with one character trying to outwit another.'
- Freya Moore, age 10 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed it.'
- Chloe, age 11 - 'There is nothing in this book that I don’t like. I like EVERYTHING about it.'
- Aimee Sweet, age 11 - 'As I entered Eoin Colfer’s world of action and adventure once again in this amazing new book Warp I found myself gazing in wonder at the mysteries yet to solve in the plot of this fabulous story, so I suggest you enter the world of Warp yourself!. As well as writing reviews for Lovereading Aimee has her own book review website - The Sweet Review.
The Hangman's Revolution by Eoin Colfer
F.B.I. agent Chevie Savano is trapped in a nightmare future. Unless she can return to 19th-century London and change the course of history, millions will die. Luckily she has Riley the boy magician and a Victorian gangster with lovely hair to help her battle two crazed villains, who have brought the military technology of the future back in time - with potentially disastrous consequences. The stakes are higher than the hangman's noose and only Chevie can save the day. Assuming she can avoid being killed by a couple of psycho warrior-nuns first...
Colfer has the ability to make you laugh twice over: first in sheer subversive joy at the inventiveness of the writing, and again at the energy of the humour Sunday Times
Readers mourning the end of the Artemis Fowl series can take heart: this first book in the time-bending WARP series is an all-out blast. Publishers Weekly
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Eoin Colfer
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
26th June 2014
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10