to the unforgettable story of Street Child
that inspired Dr Bernardo to found his famous children’s homes, we’ve got an esteemed list of beloved stories that we’d like to bring to a generation of younger readers to treasure and enjoy.
With this in mind, we’re looking for loyal ambassadors of the above books to write in and tell us why you love that specific story
and why it needs to be read by a new generation.
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Modern Classics’ containing your name and address, by the 30 April for a chance to win an entire set of the above books. We have 3 sets to give away. The winners will be chosen at random and the books will be delivered as they publish throughout 2016.
The Collins Modern Classics publishing in 2016 include the following:
- Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
- The Tree that Sat Down by Beverley Nichols
- The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
- Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers
- A Stitch In Time by Penelope Lively
- The Rescuers by Margery Sharp
- The Sword in the Stone by T H White
- Kingdom by the Sea by Robert Westall
- Journey to Jo’Burg by Beverley Naidoo
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- Street Child by Berlie Doherty
- Jennie by Paul Gallico
- More coming in 2017
This year, HarperCollins is republishing a whole host of timeless classics for a new generation of readers to enjoy! From the strict-but-fair