Holidays According to Humphrey Review
Humphrey the Hamster’s view of the world is always entertaining. He’s happy in his job as classroom pet so, when the holidays are announced, he worries a lot about what will happen to him. But Humphrey soon finds that holidays are fun too and, in his case, full of some quite scary adventures! Humphrey is a loveable character who writes an irresistibly appealing diary.
Holidays According to Humphrey Synopsis
Britain's best-loved, best-selling hamster is back! But not for long as this time he's off on holiday and he wants to tell you all about the Fun-Fun-Fun times there are to be had along the way! So far Humphrey has won the Richard and Judy Children's Bookclub, been a World Book Day selection, and sold over half a million copies of his adventures in the UK alone.
Get Humphrey's latest news on his facebook page....& there are Humphrey games and activities funwithhumphrey.com
Holidays According to Humphrey Reader Reviews
Kids love to read and a small number of children were lucky enough to be invited to review an earlier title, Secrets According To Humphrey. Click Here to read their reviews.
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'I really enjoyed reading this story and look forward to reading about Humphreys other adventures.'
- Jemima Wilcox, age 10 - 'There some bad secrets, some good secrets, and some very badly kept ones! You will like this book if you like hamsters.'
- Alexander Bisland,age 8 - 'I recommend this to 7+ readers who are adventurers and who want to laugh their socks off...I give this book 10/10 especially because of Humphrey’s Secret Scribbles which made me want to read more!'
- Jessica McKenna, Year 3 - 'This was my first Humphrey book but it won't be my last. I found Humphrey very funny and entertaining.'
- Jenny Bridgeman, age 8 - 'This was a really lovely book, short chapters, an engaging main character and lots to learn about Egypt. It was a really good read!!'
- Elspeth Paterson, age 9 - 'I really loved this comical book about a little hamster named Humphrey. It shows even wee hamsters have to keep humungous secrets from their best friends.'
- Faye Dawson, age 8 - 'To all Humphrey fans, you should read this book, especially if you like secrets and surprises...'
- Hannah Pendell, age 9 - 'Ssshhh! can you keep a secret? Secrets according to Humphrey is fantastic book! Secret clubs are going on in the classroom, Egypt projects ruined and way to many secrets!'
- Evie Young, age 8 - 'If you've read other Humphrey books you will like this one too, it is full of adventures and secrets.'
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This is the latest adventure of Humphrey, a classroom pet hamster who has adventures when he escapes from his cage. It is a really funny book as Humphrey understands what humans are saying but they don't understand him.'
- Daniel Hirsh, age 10 - 'The hamster, Humphrey is really clever, he lives in Room Twenty-Six and watches everything that happens in the class, including the things which the teacher doesn't notice.'
- Matilda Greenacre, age 7 - 'This book continues Humphreys adventures in Room 26, as the class hamster. This time the book is all about ancient Egypt.'
If you loved this, you might like these...
All versions of this book
Publication date: 07/07/2016
Publisher: Faber & Faber
Publication date: 28/01/2010
Publisher: Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber and Faber
||7th July 2016
||Betty G. Birney
||Faber & Faber
About Betty G. Birney
Betty G. Birney worked at Disneyland for many years, has written several children’s television shows and is the author of over twenty-five books, including the best-selling The World According to Humphrey, which won the Richard and Judy Children's Book Club, Friendship According to Humphrey, Trouble According to Humphrey, Surprises According to Humphrey and More Adventures According to Humphrey. Her work has won many awards, including an Emmy and three Humanitas Prizes. She lives in America with her husband.
Betty Birney on Betty Birney:I wrote my first "book" at age seven. It was called "Teddy Bear in the ...
More About Betty G. Birney