Written by Anthony Horowitz
Part of the Alex Rider Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
More edge of your seat thrilling action from one of the masters of suspense in children’s fiction. Super spy Alex Rider is in deep water again as he is enlisted by the national security services again - this time for a routine reconnaissance mission at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships. But before long, Alex finds himself caught up in a terrifying chain of events that leads from the Chinese Triad gangs in London to an undercover assignment in Cuba. Alex begins to make chilling links between suspicious deaths, an illegal nuclear weapons deal and the plans of his host, Russian General Sarov, for the future of the world.
Some of our readers, new to the Alex Rider series, put themselves forward to read and review all ten titles. Check out their reviews below and if you click on the link 'Read full review' you will be able to view the reviews for all 10 titles.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews here.
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Great white sharks, underwater traps and nuclear bombs. Another brilliant, action-packed adventure.'
- Rachel Galbraith, age 10 - 'the third book in the Alex Rider series and has me as hooked as the first.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'There was action everywhere and I was reading it whenever I could. My eyes were glued to the pages.'
- William Longlands, age 11 - '5/5. The Alex Rider series continues to be very good. If you liked the previous two you'll like this one.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'This fantastic book is action-packed and filled with adventure...I think that Alex’s character develops really well and you get to know him a lot more in this book.'
- Chloe Shortall, age 18 - 'I really enjoyed this novel as it was exciting and intelligent, the two things that I look for in a novel.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'I think this book is fantastic because it just really hooks you in and you can never guess what is going to happen next. It is my favorite so far.'
- Joseph Kinder, age 11 - 'This is not an easy plot to follow: one that involves nuclear bombs and duplicity, and a Russian General who is still mourning the death of his own son...It is a page-turner, and a book that you won’t be able to put down.'
- Luke Bauer, age 12 - 'Alex is going all over the place and no-one can keep up with him! Now he's in Cuba to stop a Russian madman from blowing up the world. But can Alex save it in time?'
- Jake Fletcher, age 14 - 'Alex Rider is the key to success in every mission so far. Will this mission be Alex’s last, or will the door of defeat finally open to Alex?'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'Alex Rider at his best with more danger and more gadgets. This series just gets better and better. Highly recommend this especially to boys aged 9-14.'
- Imogen Fisher, age 14 - 'This is one of my favourite books in the series, it is full of action, and lots of exciting plot twists.'
- Chloe Mcilroy, age 14 - 'Packed with action from start to finish. It's like being in the middle of an action movie at the cinema - couldn't put it down!'
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 13 - 'a totally adrenalin fuelled story and I also liked the fact that two secret services were involved. Ten out of ten.'
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Skeleton Key by Anthony Horowitz
In the third book in the number one bestselling Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz, teenage spy Alex faces his most dangerous challenge yet. Teaming up with the CIA, Alex must go to a remote Caribbean island called Skeleton Key, where the insane general Sarov is hatching explosive plans to re-write history.
The Alex Rider series has sold over 13 million copies in English and is published in over 28 languages.
The series that has re-invented the spy genre Independent
Anthony Horowitz is the lion of children's literature Michael Morpurgo
Explosive, thrilling, action-packed - Meet Alex Rider Guardian
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Anthony Horowitz
Walker Books Ltd
2nd April 2015
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12