His Royal Whiskers
Written by Sam Gayton
Illustrated by Peter Cottrill
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A Julia Eccleshare Pick of the Month January 2017 Full of astonishing imagination and curious and unexpected adventures, His Royal Whiskers is a royal romp of a story that will delight all those who love magic, mystery, mayhem - and cats! Breakfast is ruined for a ferocious Czar when he discovers that something truly dreadful has happened to his royal son and heir. The young prince hasn't been kidnapped but, even worse, he has been turned into a cat! And a cat with fleas just to add insult to injury. How the Prince and his clever friends outwit the fearsome Czar is a delight. ~ Julia Eccleshare
Julia Eccleshare's Picks of the Month for January 2017
The Goldfish Boy by Lisa Thompson
The Crayons’ Book of Numbers by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers
The Crayons’ Book of Colours by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers
Jim by Hilaire Belloc and Mini Grey
His Royal Whiskers by Sam Gayton
Kids love to read and so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read their full reviews.
- Sarah Barnes Mogendorff - 'A topsy-turvy mixture of fairy tale stories with a few pictures scattered throughout. It’s written in a playful and intelligent way that isn’t patronising. A good book for all seasons!'
- Evie Aconley, age 10 - 'I thought this book was amazing because it was completely true and a good story as it intrigues you into the story so you almost can't get out.'
- Emily Lonsdale, age 11 - 'This book is pure adventure, it’s very exciting, a story that will stay with you a life time.'
- Emily Golding, age 9 - 'Magically funny, hilarious results. This is probably one of the funniest books I've read in AGES! Totally mind-boggling spells and ludicrous results!'
- Lewis Briggs, age 10 - 'Funny and exciting, amusing and wonderful. This brilliant book is absolutely fantastic! I would recommend this to my friends. I don't think I could have read a better book, to be honest!'
- Charlotte Cassidy, age 11 - 'This was a fun book, suitable for boys and girls aged 9 and older who like funny adventurous books.'
- Rosie Watch - 'It is a wonderful mixture of creativity and humour, but with a dark side that is quite frightening.'
- Alexander Bisland, age 11 - 'I recommend this book to 9+ fantasy readers. I give it 5 stars.'
- Anastasia Abdian, age 12 - 'A funny and clever book. Not challenging to read and I recommend it to younger readers. It is quite descriptive but could include some harder language.'
- Annabelle Cassidy, age 8 - 'I really enjoyed this book because it was very adventurous and funny. It was AMAZING!'
- Josh Parcell, age 9 - 'A great book that I wanted to keep reading. The story was full of great twists and events and I would love to read the next instalment of the cat’s adventure!'
- Tristan Pender, age 9 - 'A very interesting book but quite confusing in places. Still very enjoyable.'
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
His Royal Whiskers by Sam Gayton
Something bad has happened to Prince Alexander, the only heir to the mighty Petrossian Empire. Something worse than kidnapping. Something worse than murder. Somehow, the Prince has been miraculously transformed into a fluffy-wuffy kitten. Why has this terrible catastrophe happened?
Who are the boy and girl brewing secret potions down in the palace kitchens? And how are they possibly going to avoid getting their heads chopped off?
Alchemy, adventure and destiny: Gayton is a fantastically inventive storyteller -- Fiona Noble The Bookseller
An outstanding story packed with magic and mayhem Abi Elphinstone, author of The Dreamsnatcher
Gayton is increasingly imaginative with each successive book Daily Mail
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Sam Gayton
Author's Facebook Latest
Andersen Press Ltd
5th January 2017
Andersen Press Ltd is an imprint of Andersen Press
Andersen Press is one of the leading independent children’s publishers, publishing some of the biggest names in the world of children's books including the much-loved picture book characters the Little Princess and Elmer the patchwork elephant. Andersen Press is the home of many award-winning authors and illustrators including Melvin Burgess, Rebecca Stead, Satoshi Kitamura, Tony Ross, David McKee, Chris Judge and Jeanne Willis. Founded in 1976 by Klaus Flugge it won the Bologna Best Children’s Publisher prize in the European Category in 2016, the company’s 40th anniversary year.
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi