Fizzlebert Stump and the Bearded Boy
Written by A. F. Harrold
Part of the Fizzlebert Stump Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
March 2013 Book of the Month Fizzlebert Stump’s Circus is back for a second riotous show during which everything can – and does – go terribly wrong. The new act features the very, very hairy Barboozul family which includes Wystan, the bearded son. Fizzlebert - his mum is a clown and dad is a strongman - is used to oddities but he has never come across a bearded boy. Will the two become friends? Many strange things happen at the Circus before anything as obvious as that happens in a delightfully chaotic and imaginative romp.
This is Fizzlebert Stump’s second adventure - which began with Fizzlebert Stump The Boy Who Ran Away from the Circus (and Joined the Library)
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Alexander Butler, age 9 - 'An excellent story of a new act that is brought into the circus and all is great. But then things start to go wrong... A really funny read.' Read full review >
- Freya Hudson, age 10 - 'I have read both the Fizzlebert books. If you like funny, exciting and entertaining books, read about Fizzlebert Stump. The author keeps the reader gripped by the way he ends each chapter, making you want to read on to find out what happens next. Even my mum enjoyed this book and I had to keep telling her what was happening!' Read full review >
- Adam Graham, age 9 - 'This book has one bad feature and that is just simply that it ends! Also it is so amazing because of the hilarious sketches and humorous narration.' Read full review >
- Lennon Kerrigan-Gee, age 10 - 'This fantastic book will blow your mind with their mysterious people and amazing tricks.' Read full review >
- Callum Kerrigan-Gee, age 10 - 'Fizzlebert’s adventure is dramatic, amazing, exciting and quite funny.' Read full review >
- Lucy Minton, age 9 - 'I liked this book because it described everything very well and I could paint a picture in my head of the events and people being described.' Read full review >
Fizzlebert Stump and the Bearded Boy by A. F. Harrold
Fizzlebert Stump's second adventure. The bearded Barboozul family are the new stars of Fizz's circus. Their act is full of magic, mystery, fear and fun. And it's nice to have another boy around, even if he is a bit...hairy round the chin. But then things start going wrong. The lion loses his dentures. The clowns lose their noses. The Ringmaster loses his temper. And the circus is about to lose its licence. Is the bearded boy to blame? Can Fizz save the day?
Perfect for fans of Mr Gum and books by Jeremy Strong. Fizzlebert is back with the circus from which he tried to run away in the first book – With terrific humour and non-stop adventure and misadventure readers can’t fail to be hooked.
About the Author
Interest Age: from 7 to 9
A. F. Harrold
More books by A. F. Harrold
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
14th March 2013
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14