The Night Itself
Written by Zoe Marriott
Part of the The Name of the Blade Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Selected by our Editorial Experts
Ancient Japanese gods and monsters are unleashed on modern-day London in this epic trilogy from an acclaimed fantasy writer. Great for fans of Tamora Pierce, Maggie Stiefvater and Cassandra Clare.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Alice D'Angelo, age 14 - 'This story was so gripping once I started reading I ended up reading it all the time because I was so intrigued to find out what happened next.' Read full review >
- Realm of Fiction - 'Zoe Marriott’s The Night Itself draws together some interesting magical concepts and takes them to a modern-day London.' Read full review >
- Molly Hudson - 'I really enjoyed this book, found the characters fun and interesting and liked the cultural aspect of the book. I enjoyed learning a bit about Japanese life and history.' Read full review >
- Carla McGuigan, age 13 - 'I found this novel to be one of the most amazing books ever. It was romantic, adventurous, mysterious, interesting and it was just absolutely brilliant. I would strongly recommend this book to girls my age.' Read full review >
- James Smart - 'an amazing book with a slow beginning with a sharp incline in the plot toward the end.' Read full review >
- Ciara Gallagher - 'I really thoroughly enjoyed this book it had piles of action in it and that is what I enjoy. I would strongly recommend this book to ages 12-15 there is really only one word that can some this book up which is AMAZING!' Read full review >
The Night Itself by Zoe Marriott
When Mio steals the family's katana - a priceless ancestral sword - from her parents' attic, she just wants to spice up a fancy-dress costume. But the katana is much more than some dusty antique and her actions unleash a terrible, ancient evil onto the streets of unsuspecting London. Soon Shinobu, a fearless warrior boy, appears to protect Mio - and threatens to steal her heart. With the gods and monsters of Japanese myth stalking her and her friends, Mio realizes that if she cannot keep the sword safe, and learn to control its legendary powers, she will lose not only her own life...but the love of a lifetime.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Zoe Marriott
Walker Books Ltd
4th July 2013
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham