LoveReading View on My Cousin Is a Time Traveller
Top comedy from a superhero writer
David Solomons is utterly brilliant, and My Cousin is a Time Traveller is a work of comedy genius. It’s full of pitch-perfect observational humour, with a plot that magnifies real fears (machines taking over the world) to ridiculous and hilarious levels (led by toasters and a washer-dryer*); and it packs more and better superhero in-jokes into one chapter than the Marvel film franchise has managed in its entire oeuvre. And there’s a terrifically exciting story too. Simply the best entertainment to be had between two covers.
*after all, there’s more technology in the average washing machine than there was in the Apollo space programme that sent a rocket to the Moon.
The Editor at Nosy Crow says: “Nothing cheers me up like a new Solomons. And this one does not disappoint. Laughs, but proper emotional heft too. Brilliant.”
The fifth in the hilarious, award-winning and bestselling series – over 205,000 copies sold to date!
My Cousin Is a Time Traveller Synopsis
Luke's dad has bought a lot of gadgets recently and not one of them works as it's supposed to. Maybe it's because a machine-from-the-future is stalking Bromley, playing havoc with all the tech and trying to stop Star Lad going on a date. Could this be the Rise of the Machines? Luke knows what he must do - he just needs his fellow SCARF members to help, or it will be the end of everything...
Cover artwork by Robin Boyden
WE LOVE BOOKS!
LoveReading4Kids is the biggest and best recommendation site for children’s books. Our passion for children’s books ranges from toddlers to teens and ensures that whatever the age, whatever the interest, that you have a steady stream of brilliant book recommendations for your child. Created in the same successful format of our original book recommendation website, LoveReading, we have a panel of editorial experts that select books right across the genres and age ranges, reading the latest releases to keep you fully updated. We also offer a variety of FREE services for parents and anyone who is interested in buying the best books for boys and girls of all ages.
You can subscribe to our personalised newsletters which help you keep up to date with the latest and greatest book releases while receiving recommendations tailored to you. Sign up and select your preferences by registering with us today and receive our newsletters filled with the latest book recommendations in the categories of your choice.
Our Star Books are a selection of our personal favourites from the books we've read each year. The ones that have really stood out from the crowd for us. We always say if you're only going to buy a few books this year, take a look at our Star Books selection.
We have a HUGE giveaway for you to really end your year on a high. We're giving you the opportunity to win all the books selected as Star Books this year! That's around 40 books that you can keep for your family, share with friends or give as Christmas gifts. A year's worth of reading and some of our favourite books published this year, for you, for free! What are you waiting for?
This draw is open only for UK residents currently in the UK and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once. The draw closes on 6th December 2019. The winners will be notified as soon as possible.
My Cousin Is a Time Traveller Reader Reviews
Some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were lucky enough to read and review the first in this series, My Brother is a Superhero. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Nicholas Butler, age 9 - 'My Brother Is a Superhero is a really exciting book, really funny and packed with outstanding vocabulary.'
- Joseph Harris-Hart, age 13 -'A book definitely for children who like superheroes with a bit of witty banter throughout the story.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A brilliantly funny adventure with twists, turns, crazy characters and a really hilarious ending. Fantastic!'
- Joshua Zinkin, age 10 - 'This book truly deserves a 10/10 and I would really like it if there was another one in the series.'
- Isaac, age 11 - 'This book was one of the best I've read in Lovereading. It had everything an imaginative child would want.'
- Alex Crisp, age 9 - 'As I really love superheroes, this book especially appealed to me, but I think other people would enjoy it even if they don't know much about superheroes.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'It was hard to put down as there was so much suspense and excitement that I couldn't wait to find out what happened next.'
- Calum, age 11 - 'I rate this book a 5/5 because it hooks you in and then keeps you in another world. I was so addicted to it that my mum had to make me put it down.'
- Ross Dawson, age 11 - 'This is a marvellous comic lovers' adventure story. If you enjoy a good cliffhanger, then this is the book for you!'
- Rohan Delamere, age 9 - 'An epic book about a boy called Luke who has to save his brother - who happens to be a superhero!'
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 11 - 'I think this is an amazing book and would recommend it to anyone.'
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'I recommend this book to 10+ superhero fans who love adventure books. I give this book a green, I mean red, I mean great 101/100!'
- Danny Belton, age 9 - 'I loved this book and I also loved the way that the author carried on with the story line.'
If you loved this, you might like these...