No catches, no fine print just unconditional book loving for your children with their favourites saved to their own digital bookshelf.
New members get entered into our monthly draw to win £100 to spend in your local bookshop plus lots lots more...Find out more
8+ (Year3-4, KS2). A brand new children’s dictionary - the ultimate reference tool to build language confidence. It's an easy-to-use, comprehensive dictionary with over a thousand colour illustrations, clear definitions, no confusing abbreviations, topic words and useful example sentences to show words in context. Includes panels on word origins and words in the same family, and pronunciations for difficult words in a family-friendly format.
* Thousands of headwords illustrated with vibrant colour illustrations, and photographs.
* Backed by the Oxford Children’s Corpus (a unique language database), guaranteeing appropriateness and up to-date coverage.
* Highlighted boxes detail facinating word origins.
* Special focus on school subject vocabulary including English, Maths, and Science to help with homework.
* Headwords in bold colour make them easy to spot.
* All pages are colour coded with alphabet strips down the side, and appropriate letters are highlighted - finding your way around couldn’t be easier.
* Simultaneous release with the Oxford Illustrated Children’s Thesaurus to make a complete family reference set.
|Publication date:||3rd June 2010|
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|
|Suitable for:||7+ readers, 9+ readers|
Check out the latest activities in our KidsZone.