No catches, no fine print just unconditional book loving for your children with their favourites saved to their own digital bookshelf.
New members get entered into our monthly draw to win £100 to spend in your local bookshop plus lots lots more...Find out more
8+ (Year 3-4, KS2). The ultimate reference tool to build language and writing skills. This new, easy-to-use illustrated children's thesaurus has thousands of entries, synonyms, clear age-appropriate example sentences and over a thousand colour illustrations. The clear design and colourful word webs with hundreds of topic words make homework and writing easy and fun.
* Thousands of headwords illustrated with vibrant colour illustrations, and photographs.
* Backed by the Oxford Children’s Corpus (a unique language database), guaranteeing appropriateness and up to-date coverage.
* Example sentences for every word illustrate current usage.
* 1000s of synonyms, opposites, idioms, and phrases ranging from informal to formal.
* Special, illustrated coverage of topic words relating to animals, space, transport, weather, and much more.
* Highlighted boxes give general writing tips and extra help on avoiding overused words.
* Headwords in bold colour make them easy to spot.
* All pages are colour coded with alphabet strips down the side, and appropriate letters are highlighted - finding your way around couldn’t be easier.
* Simultaneous release with the Oxford Illustrated Children’s Dictionary to make a complete family reference set.
|Publication date:||3rd June 2010|
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|
|Suitable for:||7+ readers, 9+ readers|
Check out the latest activities in our KidsZone.