No catches, no fine print just unconditional book loving for your children with their favourites saved to their own digital bookshelf.
New members get entered into our monthly draw to win £100 to spend in your local bookshop plus lots lots more...Find out more
May 2015 Fascinating Facts Book of the Month What a great, fun way to get a young mind enthused in history. Read all about history's toughest kings and queens. Who were the most ruthless, brave, fearless and intrepid monarchs from throughout history. You will find it chock full of entertaining and witty fact-filled text in bite-sized chunks and jam-packed with hilarious full-colour illustrations throughout.
These and many more Fascinating Facts can be found in Hard Nuts of History: Kings and Queens
1. Which King of England had 6 wives and had more than 50,000 heads chopped off during his reign?
2. Montezuma II was ruler of which South American people?
3. Mary I in the 16th century was also known by which nickname?
4. Which Queen in the 16th century fought the Spanish and won?
5. What was the name of the French duke who invaded England in 1066?
6. What battle happened in 1066?
7. Who remains one of the most famous warrior queens over 2000 years one?
8. Who was the first female ruler of ancient Egypt?
1.HENRY VIII, 2.THE AZTECS, 3.BLOODY MARY, 4.ELIZABETH I, 5.WILLIAM THE CONQUEROR, 6.BATTLE OF HASTINGS, 7.BOUDICA 8.HATSHEPSUT
There are countless daring, clever and ruthless kings and queens from throughout history. But who was the toughest nut of all? From Henry VIII and his many wives to Fredrick the Great and countless other tough-nut monarchs, Hard Nuts of History Kings and Queens includes Hardometers and a Hard Nut rating for some of the toughest kings and queens of all time.
|Publication date:||7th May 2015|
|Publisher:||Bloomsbury Publishing PLC|
|Suitable for:||7+ readers, 9+ readers|
|Recommendations:||Books of the Month|
Tracey Turner has written more than 50 books for children. As well as the Hard Nuts series, she has written the Comic Strip History of the World and other Comic Strip titles, and the Lost series of choose-your-own adventure books. Tracey lives in Bath.More About Tracey Turner