‘We’ve now pretty much cast aside all other reading schemes now… the other schemes didn’t match up.’ Hayley Footit, English Lead - Ancaster C of E Primary School, Grantham
Reading Planet is a fresh and modern scheme for Reception to Year Six that will transform your school's approach to reading.
• Meet or exceed age-related expectations in reading with print and digital resources created for the current curriculum
• Develop essential comprehension and vocabulary skills using the in-book quizzes and teaching materials
• Enrich your wider curriculum with an exciting and varied range of topic-linked fiction and non-fiction
• Get all children hooked on reading through stories, characters and themes that truly reflect their world
• Inspire and empower readers with books that celebrate diversity and champion individuality and well-being
The Reading Planet books have been carefully levelled to support children in becoming fluent and confident readers. The chapter-book format is interspersed with plenty of illustrations to support comprehension, and the high interest-level of the books also makes it suitable for readers with a higher chronological age but lower reading ability.
All of the books in this series include a set of comprehension questions to check understanding, which is always useful for teachers looking for meaningful post-reading activities. Further research prompts are also provided, ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to extend and apply their understanding of the text.
You can download the Reading Planet Catalogue here.
And find out more about Rising Stars Reading Planet and download useful resources at www.risingstars-uk.com/series/rising-stars-reading-planet